Air Compressor & Air Dryer Tips
Air Compressor Tech Tips
To keep air-cooled rotary screw compressors from shutting down on high temperature:
- Keep your oil coolers and aftercoolers clean
- Use the proper coolant
- Maintain the appropriate coolant level
- Make sure there are no air restrictions on the intake cooling air
- Have your coolers cleaned at least twice a year. Try to schedule it so one of the cleanings is done right before summer
- Make sure discharge temperature is within normal range – 175° F to 200° F
Air Dryer Tech Tips
To keep your air dryer operating efficently:
Check the pressure – dryers remove moisture most efficiently at higher system pressure.
Check the temperature – air heats up during the compression process and cools as it moves downstream. The cooler the air before entering the dryer, the more efficiently the dryer operates.
Check ambient conditions – High ambient temperatures reduce the efficiency of an air-cooled dryer. The ambient temperature should be less than 100° F.